Chamber of Rhetoric

The first room in the museum is known as the Chamber of Rhetoric, and positively breathes the atmosphere of the 16th century. A large painting by Felix Cogen, done in 1898, is dedicated to Erasmus' final visit to Basle in 1535. Documents about the history of the town are displayed in a glass case.

top of the page